Friday, October 19, 2007

3-0 and 1/2 in the works for this weekend

My hubby’s birthday is this weekend.

It’s a major one…you know the BIG 3-0.

That’s means, yes, I’m older than him. What do they say?

“My old lady!”

I still remember a time when my grandpa used that on grandma. He almost took a big purse to the side of the head. But I think she spared him the bloody blow because I was in their presence. At the time, I didn’t understand why it rubbed grandma the wrong way.

So far he’s(hub) handling it well… for all I know he maybe spoofing me. He’s not having panic attacks about turning 30, sort of like someone else did. It didn’t help at the time when the hub and everyone else…mostly younger friends asked me how it felt.

But I got over it real fast. I think the guys handler it rather well. It’s just like another passing day for them.

So this Saturday evening is reserved for the celebration. Normally, we would go out to dinner at a nice restaurant, but this time I have decided to craft up something with my own hands in our kitchen and invite family and friends over to our house for dinner, cake & ice cream.

But you have to know that I planned this very carefully so that I could participate in a half marathon in the morning in Olympia, about 45 min drive from our home. It’s one of the low key local events that most runners enter for training purposes. Plus it’s fun to mingle and catch up familiar faces at these events. Beside the birthday boy won’t be around most the day anyways. He’s after some wild game with his grandfather.

Hope you’re all having a great & fun Fall running season

7 comments:

m. suen said...

If life is fulfilling, it seems they (meaning men) seem to take each passing year all in stride. Besides, 30 is not as big a deal as it once was. Now, it's 40 and 50. I remember people calling 30, over the hill. Hahahahaha...
Happy Birthday to your hub! And, anything you fix is made with love, and that always seems to go over real well. :-) Also, enjoy the 1/2!!

P.S. I don't like it when men call their wives, "old lady". Or vice versa. I think it's disrespectful.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Good for you for fitting in a 1/2. Enjoy!

Nancy said...

We'll be doing our halves 'together'. Although you are non-chalant, and I'm getting a little worried about being able to finish. HA HA..

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, to your hubby! You're a sweet wife to pamper him so.

Have fun at the 1/2 and let me know how you do. Thank you, too, for your encouragement regarding my marathon. It's been a rough couple of weeks and you've helped me feel so much better.

Sandy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to him! Good luck with the half.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the birthday fun and have a great half in the morning. Sounds like a good day for everyone. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. And the fall!