Thursday, November 29, 2007

5 facts tag, but I'm doing 6...

As most of you already know and have participated in some serious blog tagging game swirling around the blogsphere. I was tagged some time ago by Deene, then just recently by C. Thanks for thinking of me, I guess I’ll play.

rules: • link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. • share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. • tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. • let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

  1. First in the family to graduate from college(& graduate school) and I have a jumble of older siblings.

  2. I love the outdoors. Plain and simple. I love to hike, backpack, camp, fish, run, etc. Starbucks is probably the only thing I’d miss about city life if I end up living out in the mountains somewhere in a cozy cabin with my family. Of course I wouldn’t miss it too much because I’d hit up the coffee house during my race travels.

  3. I miss coaching little league soccer. Before I became a mommy, I coached for three years after my then seven year old cousin asked me if I coach her soccer team. Previous coach quit after one season with 1 win record. Well after countless drill experiments, we made playoff every season and came very close to claiming the championship title once.

  4. I have a tattoo – a beaded leather armband with arrowheads and feathers. At the time(college) I wanted to get something that had some significance to my native background. Ironically, tattoos clash with my traditional upbringings.

  5. My husband and I met for the first time in a computer lab in college through a mutual friend. My friend and I decided to meet at school one evening after work to complete our lab assignment. And it so happened that we bumped into a friend of his. We hit it off so well that I was ready to call my boyfriend at the time to break up with him, well it eventually came to that a few weeks later for mostly other reasons.

And I'll throw in another one....

  • I have yet to master a consistent nutritional streak. It’s the one thing I continue to struggle with. I mean I go for weeks being smart about when and what I feed my body, then like without even realizing it I take a nose dive. It’s a lot of little things that add up, like eating bits off the kid’s plate when she doesn’t want anymore. Or snacking on the ingredients while I’m cooking, then not hungry when the meal is done. Just having coffee for breakfast, topped with eating a LATE lunch(2-3pm) because I get so consumed with work stuff. Which means I’m not fueling my body efficiently. Because of that, I end up bonking miserably in my workouts and my attitude sticks too.

And since I'm so late on this, if you haven't been tagged already and would like to be, consider yourself tagged!

10 comments:

Backofpack said...

I am really enjoying this round of tag! I love reading interesting things about people - and all of yours were!

m. suen said...

Cool. I noticed that Deene & Carm had already tagged you so I spared ya. :-) Proud of ya for your educational accomplishments. I understand exactly what that means.

Triseverance said...

I might need those soccer drills, I am coaching my daughters team this year as the head coach is following his daughter up to the next level. U-10

Nancy said...

Unfortunately, I think I have that same nutritional streak.

Anonymous said...

I like it when people get tagged. It means we get to learn some new things about them. :)

I go through those same nutritional issues. Frustrating, huh?

Unknown said...

I am with you on the nutritional issues. I love to eat. What else can I say? And, although I am sure you already know this, your undergrad and graduate degrees are monumental accomplishments. Congrats again! 1st in the family is huge. Hopefully you will set the example for future generations.

Sarah said...

I'd probably have the same nutritional issues, but my hubby keeps tabs on me. He makes me a big bowl of oatmeal, every weekday morning. Definitely gets my day started right....that and my cup of coffee. : )

Congrats on your educational accomplishments!

Anonymous said...

coach! i bet they loved you.

and did you ever put the clipboard with the roster down the back of your pants? why do coaches do that?

teacherwoman said...

Love the tidbits...

I too struggle immensely with proper nutrition. Grr..

Anonymous said...

Glad to learn more about you. I think we all must struggle on the nutrition thing.