Friday, November 9, 2007

Alive and well!

Quick update to say that I’m still around!

I’m happy to report that my ITBand is feeling much better these days. The pain is gone, no stabbing pains to the knee for a whole week now. I’ve been taking extra time each day to stretch the problem area, doing hip strengthening exercise that I found on several internet sites, and cross training(spinning classes). Cut back on the running to every other day as well. Progress is good.

Now the decision about the 50K tomorrow. Well, I signed up and am proceeding to go forth with it. This could be my undoing, we’ll find out. My plan is to take it easy out on the course. From what I’ve been told, the course is on the friendlier side, not too technical with major climbs and descends. I simply just want to go out there and have a blast!

On to other news, work has been busy and just wrapped up a 4 day training course. But now that I’m back to my regularly scheduled program, I’ll be catching up on blogs and commenting again.

11 comments:

Journey to a Centum said...

PNW Runner,

I'll watch for you at Herzog! I'm camping up in the area so I don't need to wake up at 3:30 AM to make the drive. I just can't wait to cross my first tank trap!

Trail Scat

Nancy said...

OMG, girl, You are awesome. Go out there and have a great time. Think of me hacking up half a lung :D I'll be thinking of you!!

Thomas said...

You know yourself what you're in for. I think you'll do ok. Good Luck anyway.

Backofpack said...

Have a blast! Watch out for Trail Scat...

Anonymous said...

OMG. Best of luck and defintely take it easy.

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow! It's a fairly easy course. It has a nice downhill finish. I love the tank traps, but others hate them. I look forward to finding out what you think.

Sarah said...

Have a great time! Fingers crossed that your ITB doesn't act up. You can do it! : )

christine said...

you might want to consider taking more pictures this time...it's a great way to take it easy and capture more of the spirit of the day. have fun and be smart and you'll be golden!

Anonymous said...

good luck! all fingers and toes crossed. even eyes.

Scott McMurtrey said...

have a great run!

m. suen said...

Hope you had a great race!