Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bogged down with a cold...

My running clothes remained untouched in the closet all last week and all weekend long! My ugly sweatpants that for some reason I can’t bring myself to toss out and takes up space finally got some use along with my oversized cotton t-shirts that I hardly wear. I started coming down with some awful bug Thanksgiving day. By Friday morning, I was running a temp range of 101.2, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, dripping in sweat as if I was out running in some heat blast, going through Kleenexes boxes, not a pretty scene.

Frankly, I was in no shape to do any form of workouts. The only form of workout for me was crawling out of bed, travel to the bathroom, and back. Oh I really felt it in my arms when I brushed my teeth and pulling my hair back to tie it. I broke out in sweat every time I tried gagging down over the counter drugs to loosen up my clogged sinuses.

I was not my normal multi tasking self that’s for sure. Luckily, I have such a sweet husband that made me soups, bought cart loads of juice, bathed the kid, dressed and fixed the kid’s hair daily. It was cute and funny watching the two ‘running’ the house, you know just the little things. Especially when it comes to 3 yr olds. I heard her telling her dad one evening, “mommy brushes her teeth while I’m taking a bath.” And another evening, “mommy washes the pans as soon she’s done using them, she doesn’t pile them in the sink like that daddy, I’ll show you how.” After they took the last package of crackers out of the box she says “you have to put it on the grocery list so we can buy some more, daddy.” And one that took me by surprise, she told her dad that when the hamper is getting full, it’s means it’s time to do a load of laundry.

I did get in some TV time. I came across this show on Discovery channel; Everest: Beyond the limit and I was glued to the screen all day long either on Saturday or Sunday, can’t remember exactly which They were doing re-runs up to the current show which airs tonight(Tuesday). It’s a pretty captivating show where they are following separate teams(fast & slow team) making their summit bid on different days. Climbers have to deal with high altitudes, icy and windy conditions, and unpredictable weather. Fatality is there, people die each season. And even those that live to tell about the experience are very susceptible to losing toes and fingers to frostbite. But if you have the chance to sit down to watch a bit of tv, I highly recommend this show. As many of you are outdoor lovers, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Hopefully, I’ll get over this cold in the next day or so. I want to get out in the frosty weather. Btw, as you probably already noticed, but I just found out that the registration for Chuckanut Mountain 50K has been moved to January 1st. And the course is changing too. Doesn’t make any difference for me because I’ve never run it before, so I have no opinion on the change.

10 comments:

Backofpack said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick - missed out on Thanksgiving too? Your little one is a smarty - she pays close attention to what her mommy does. Feel better soon and get out there running!

Nancy said...

Oh damn, I'm so sorry you are bothered with a cold. Sounds like you got a doozie. So glad you had the hubby taking care of you and everything else. It makes such a difference. Love that little 3 y/o running the show. She and my little Jay-Bird would make a good match. Or they would just tell each other what to do!!

Feel better soon. :D

Anonymous said...

yucky about the cold, but what an opportunity to learn what SD picks up.
your poor hubby. he didn't stand a chance. bless his heart.

Anonymous said...

Poor you! I'm so sorry you're sick. Take it easy and get lots of rest.

BTW, your husband sounds like a gem.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.

teacherwoman said...

You and me both, babe. My sister made a comment about a pair of sweat pants I pulled on thanksgiving evening.... telling me it's about time to retire them... I think not. They have been quite comfy to chill in for the past few nights! :)

Hope you feel better!

christine said...

yeah for sweat pants, soup making hubbies and adorable little girls.

Database Diva said...

Sorry to hear you couldn't outrun the cold. Rest up and enjoy the pampering. You aren't missing anything but rain outside. I went out and got soaked yesterday and felt a little "under the weather" myself this morning.

Scott McMurtrey said...

sweatpants are my only cure for a cold. it works every time. get well!

Sarah said...

I hope you are feeling better by now!